In this interview with APPM (The Portuguese Marketing Association) you will get fresh marketing tips and inspiration. (I enjoyed being one of the keynote speakers at the annual APPM Congress)
After my presentation at the conference, I was asked to share my view on the topic “What CEO’s expect from CMO’s” and to give some advice marketers can use to improve (see content below).
The theme of the annual marketing conference in Portugal was interesting. Probably the best and most relevant conference theme I have seen in the past couple of years. Because the question “What a CEO expect from the CMO?” is super important.
Marketing tips for everyone
Listen to the video to hear about these and more marketing tips:
- What is the new AIDA and why is AIDEA (Attention-Interest-Desire-Engagement-Action) relevant to all marketers (get newsletter for coming in-depth article on AIDEA)
- What is AIDLIRA (Attention, Interest, Desire, Like, Interaction, Recommendation, Action) and how this applies to social media
- My views on why CMO’s must change and how the new breed of CMO’s are different from CMO’s of the past
- How to approach marketing spend – go from activity focus to become objective driven with an adamant focus on the money (i.e. Return on Marketing Investment)
- A snippet of what we intend to do with Markedu in Portugal (mostly relevant to Portuguese speaking marketers – but check Markedu Portugal website here)