Over the years I have met with and interviewed many very interesting marketing and communications experts. For your ease of use, I have finally put some of these on one playlist on YouTube. I hope you will find value in viewing some of these videos.
You can access the full playlist here and see below for a quick overview of some of the “Michael Leander meets” interviews including interviews with Drayton Bird, Rory Sutherland and many others.
Some of the people I have interviewed are;
- Direct marketing guru and best selling author Drayton Bird. Here during EADIM in 2009 and here in 2012 – both in London, United Kingdom
- Marketing guru Rory Sutherland online in this webcast you see here (sorry webcast down right now)
- My favorite interview was with innovation professor and marketing expert Maher Mezher. We had this interesting talk about innovation at his offices in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Behavioral economics expert and lifestyle coach Eric Vermeulen in South Africa in 2012
- Sales performance coach, trainer and speaker Jacques de Villiers from South Africa, but this talk is filmed in Tehran, Iran in January 2012
- Award winning direct marketing creative Chris Catchpole – filmed close by Liverpool Street Station in London in September 2009
- Amazing travel bloggers and social media experts Audrey & Daniel. Both Americans but we filmed this fun segment in Cairo Airport, Egypt of all places
- Mia Papanicolaou is a South African email marketing expert living in London where we had a talk about transactional email marketing
- Beautiful Sofia in Bulgaria was where direct and digital marketing expert Hristo Radichev and I had a talk about direct and interactive marketing. Highly recommended to watch this talk.
- In Cairo I met up with a good customer of mine. Nadeem Khourshid, CMO of Americana Group, and I talked about the trends in FMCG marketing.
- Sebastian Vaduva is a very talented Romanian mobile marketing entrepreneur. In Bucharest we talked about mobile marketing and how that affects the marketing landscape
- Hailing from Austria, I met up with Thomas Metzler and Diana King during a visit to Munich, Germany. We had a great talk about tryvertising and how marketers can leverage this effective technique
- In Slovenia the Lizac brothers are the Kings – if not Emperors – of Marketing. I had a talk with them and Big Al about interesting marketing topics. The talk took place at a wonderful authentic restaurant a short drive outside of magnificently cozy Ljubljana.
- In London I met up with Edward Weatherall for a talk about marketing for professional services.
- In Warsaw I had a meal and a talk with Frenchman Dr. Olivier Riviere for a talk about challenges and opportunities in marketing. Olivier is now back living and consulting businesses from his base in Munich, Germany
- The funniest opening so far was made by the kind and smart Croatian marketing expert Rikard Lumezi. We had a talk about marketing in the backyard of Rikard’s company in Zagreb.
- Peter Winther and I had a talk about loyalty marketing in Denmark – see that talk here (English)
- In sunny Singapore I had a talk with long time friend and marketing automation and customer lifecycle marketing management expert Genevieve Yep. A great talk about marketing in Asia.
- Big data and data analysis was the center of my talk with Nayef Hijazi when we met in Dubai, UAE for this little interview – by far the hottest interview I have done so far (around 40 degrees centigrade)
- In Oslo I had a great lunch with long time friend and award winning copywriter Oystein Svarod. We had a great little talk at the Aker Brygge on a beautiful day in the capital of Norway.
- The customer experience and how to measure it was the focus point of this talk with Fredrik Abildtrup, the CEO of TeleFaction. The talk was filmed in Vedbæk, North of Copenhagen in Denmark
- In Warsaw, Poland I enjoyed a good talk with CEO of SMB, Piotr Pokrzywa. We talked about what the current hot topics in direct marketing in Poland are
- Digital marketing guru Arturs Mednis and I had a good talk during one of my visits to Riga in Latvia. See that talk here and get advise from Arturs Mednis directly.
- The longest talk was the interesting talk I had in Tallinn, Estonia with Alain Heureux who is the president of IAB Europe. In this talk Alain offers tons of advise on current issues related to digital advertising.
- In Tehran, Iran I talked to local marketing guru John Boghossian about what the marketing environment is like in Iran. John is also a best selling marketing author.
- In Ljubljana center I talked to local marketing guru Ales Lisac for a talk about important marketing issues. Listen to what Ales Lisac had to say here.
Danish language interviews
- In this video I talk to Fredrik Abildtrup – expert in customer experience measurement and CEO of Telefaction. The video is filmed in Vedbæk Havn – a beautiful marina North of Copenhagen
- In Rungsted I met up with Ruben and Michael from Follow-up Systems. We talked a bit about email marketing and related topics on a beautiful summer day in Denmark.
- In Fredriksberg, I interviewed Thomas Ladefoged at the time the new CEO of the Danish Marketing Assocation.
- In Copenhagen I talked to former colleague Carsten V. Jensen who now is running a business development agency in Denmark.