The guys at Think Marketing Magazine – the leading marketing magazine in Egypt – interviewed me one early evening at the Hilton Zamalek in Cairo. The interview resulted in a series of videos, the first of which you can watch below.
The first of a series of Think Marketing videos discuss a few marketing tips and tricks. Although I was primarily addressing Egyptian marketers, I believe many of these tips are relevant to any marketer anywhere in the world.
Watch the video interview and get tips concerning these marketing areas
- Frequency of communication in social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc.
- How reach is a problem in particular on Facebook due to Facebook’s filtering mechanics (Edgerank)
- What the picture economy means for your marketing communication in and out of social media
- Are other people’s content (OPC) better than your own original content?
- What is a call to action and why is it important
In the video, you will also hear me talk about how you can go about measuring the effect of your social media marketing activities. You will get a tip which is likely to generate results for you quicker than the traditional approach.
Engaging with customers through – what I often refer to as the 3 C’s – will get you a much higher engagement rate. It may not come as quickly as the traditional approach, but when it does it will be strong and long-lasting.
Think Marketing Foundation as the cornerstone of success
When you listen to the end of the video, you will hear information about the marketing foundation. This is important because so many marketers haven’t spent enough time to get the fundamental marketing instruments fixed. One example is your website.
As you can hear in the interview with Think Marketing Magazine, I believe that your marketing mix should have your website at the center of everything you do. For that reason it is obviously important that you spend the time and resources necessary to make sure your website is fantastic.
What to do next?
- Get the free marketing newsletter to stay tuned for more stories like this one
- Go visit Think Marketing Magazine and enjoy their sweet content about marketing
- Join the marketing conversation on my Facebook page
Are you a CMO, Chief Marketing Officer – see this
If you are a Chief Marketing Officer, Marketing Manager, Brand Management, CRM Manager or are managing a team of marketers for a brand, you can also join the Chief Marketing Officer’s Exclusive Group on Linkedin